Pages

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

On the shore of the ocean of beliefs



I'm breaking rules, my own rules. I know I always said there were two things I wouldn't ever really talk about: religion and politics. Yet here I am breaking that rule as today's topic will be religion, or the fake practice of spiritual beliefs to gain attention.

Since my truck is down and I don't have much transportation I have been spending a bit more time online. Lately I have been coming across a few people I once followed online on social media announcing their new convergence to a different religion/spiritual belief. I'm all cool with that. I'm open to all religions and everyone having their own opinions on religion even though I don't have set beliefs tied to one single religion as I was taught (plus self-taught) about most of the religions in the world. I never found one category I fell in completely, so I have my own beliefs.

This is not what this is about...

My issue isn't with them changing religions. My issue is their reason for them changing their religions. From what I have seen I would say about 75% of the time they are converting just for selfish reasons. One person I am speaking about has converted to the religion of the person they are obsessed with in hopes to get closer to that person and have more in common with them. Not because they feel in their heart that its a religion for them or that they even see the religion as the one true religion in their eyes.

Another example I've seen is people converting in hopes that prayer, worship, and everything else they do tied to the religion/beliefs will allow them to attain the notoriety and prosperity that they so deeply desire. They want to take the lazy way out by depending on an invisible deity to do the work for them to make them their fame. They will not work for it themselves, they just pray (more like beg) to their deity for the "handout" of which they ask for. They often believe just saying its their belief will persuade the deity to take notice.

This next example is one that is worse the the above examples. The worst of the worse. The most selfish, lazy, disrespectful reasons to claim ties to a religion. That example is when someone constantly changes their beliefs based on trends and popularity. They don't care about the religion or spirituality. They don't care about those who DO take the religion/spiritual beliefs seriously. They use religion as if its a designer handbag. Always trying to talk about it on social media, always using those hashtags or keywords for more likes when IRL they don't even do a percentage of the things related to the religion that they say do.

There are even people who often change their "beliefs" just to fit the trends. Or those who claim to believe one thing yet shortly after claim to believe another thing that goes completely against their previous claim. One example is someone who claimed to be non-God believing Atheist also claims a week later to be a Satanist. One of the most common myths to Christians is that Atheist believe/worship Satan when in fact most Atheist who do not believe there is a God also do not believe there is a Satan since Satan is the "evil rival" to God. You can not claim one thing then shortly after claim another when its as conflicting as it is.

I'm seeing it more and more lately. Why its bothersome to me is people stopped taking religion seriously. Now people are either extremist or fake. Religion isn't what is used to be, and that's a problem. Even though religion isn't taken seriously anymore we as humans are reverting back to being super judgmental on different religions mainly because of the extremists and the fakes.

I fear that in a short time all religions will just be a joke or the cause of a lot of pain or even both at the same time. Religions are loosing their value and meanings. It's terrible. All because people go about them the wrong way.

There is a right way to follow your religion/belief while gain the fame with spirituality like you desire so badly without abusing your religion. Just no one seems to want to do it. There is so much more to it. Its simple but yet so complex (apparently) most people wouldn't even think of it.

My next blog will talk about how to gain your fame with spiritual beliefs. Stay tuned because that is next. Like really, next, right after this blog I will start on the next one.

Here are some pretty photos I took of the ocean last year


(Photo by me in 2016, please ask before use)

Kiss kiss meow!

No comments:

Post a Comment