Pages

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Food Stamps & Soda

I came across this video today. It bothers me in a way. It feels like they are trying to twist it all around. I want you to watch the video first then read my thoughts on it.

Food Stamp Household Budget 8.5 Billion Dollars To Soda Food Stamp Household Budget 8.5 Billion Dollars To Soda
Posted by David Wolfe on Monday, January 16, 2017 
(FYI I have no idea how to put vids in my blogs, but Im working on it, comment if you know how)

First, I want to point out that it is pretty messed up that people spend that much on soda with food stamps. Secondly, I understand because healthier drinks, sometimes even just water can cost so much more then soda.

Its not just the consumers fault, it is also the fact that companies bank on people spending so much more on healthier items that junk foods are cheaper and health foods are expensive....

BUT

It all actually ties back to the pharmaceutical companies.

How? Well, typically (not always) people who eat healthy tend to go to the doctors less and need medicine less. So how do they get the money out of healthy people? Over charging them for the foods they buy. Poorer people don't always buy healthy foods, they do tend to buy the cheaper more processed foods which can cause health problems in the long run therefore they spend more on doctors and medicine.

Theoretically the bad diet people spend as much on food + medical as much as good diet people spend, just the ratios are opposite.



DISCLAIMER: The above is just my own opinions, assumptions, observations, experiences, and theories. But I have been on both sides so I am allowed my on thoughts on this. Pretty much its not just people on food stamps at fault here but simply our whole economy is just whack

Point of this post, we really need to change our economy. If my healthy foods that meet the diet I MUST live buy were cheaper then maybe I wouldn't have to charge so much for my content, just saying.

Meow! Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment